Lachina Creative Careers
Is your job putting a damper on your creativity? Join Lachina Creative’s team, where the projects are fun and plentiful, the team is full of rock stars, and you are encouraged to unleash your inner creative genius.
Editorial Production Assistant
We’re on the search for a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Editorial Production Assistant who will act as a jack-of-all-trades and assist our project management, editorial, and graphic design departments. In this role, no single day is the same and you will help our departments:
- Perform editorial duties to facilitate the publishing process.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure cost, schedule, and quality standards are met.
- Create or edit graphic design assets to ensure the overall project’s objective is achieved.
Ideal candidates should possess excellent organizational, communication, and language skills, with a strong background in English grammar and spelling. If you want a gig where projects are fun and plentiful and you can work with a team full of rock stars, apply today!
- Page layout and/or correction
- Quality control
- Meet deadlines and maintains high standards of quality
- Frequent communication with internal teams
- Undergraduate degree preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferably InDesign
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Editorial eye; strong grammar and spelling skills
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Positive attitude
- Performs assignments independently, with minimal supervision
Proofreading and InDesign tests will be administered to qualified candidates as part of our pre-screening process.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] with “Editorial Production Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Marketing Services Representative
The sales representative will be responsible for building our digital services locally and across the United States. If you’re an outgoing people person who thrives in a fast-paced digital services environment, apply today.
We are looking for a Marketing Services Representative with the following qualities:
- 3+ years sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree (business, sales, or other related fields) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing services
- Proven experience in business development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time-management and organization skills
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] with “Marketing Services Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Freelancers: Copyeditor, Proofreader, Indexer
Are you a freelance copyeditor, proofreader, or indexer who wants to take on exciting work with new clients? Lachina is always looking to bolster our editorial services with qualified freelancers. We pride ourselves on offering the highest-quality editorial services and our freelance network is an extension of that promise to our clients.
We are looking for freelancers proficient in the following:
- Copyediting: Chicago Manual of Style, APA, and/or Bluebook
We require all potential freelance candidates to take and pass a test in their area of expertise in order to take on projects with us.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Whitney Philipp, [email protected], with “Lachina Freelance Candidate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
If you’re a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed college student, we would love to hear from you! We are looking to add some up-and-coming design marketing talent to our summer 2019 workforce.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Whitney Philipp, [email protected], with “Design Intern Candidate” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Don't see a job that tickles your fancy?
Check back again soon. We’re always on the lookout for creative and innovative people to join our team.